Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Teacher Appreciation Week–Wednesday–Sweet Treats - Cake Pop Style!

My name is Michelle….and I have an addiction….

TO CAKE POPS!

I’m not even a sweets person (except for one week out of the month heehee), but I have yet to meet a cake pop that I didn’t like.

The first few times I made them, I melted the chocolate in the microwave. Then I met this bad boy and my life was changed….

Teacher Appreciation Week - Cake Pops  (1 of 14)

The chocolate pro is now my cake-pop-makin’ best friend!!

You just add the morsels and in a few minutes, it is melted to a smooth, even consistency. No more racing time to get everything dipped. OH THANK YOU WILTON!

Teacher Appreciation Week - Cake Pops  (2 of 14)

Okay…enough of my gushing…and let’s get on with the project.

Here is what you need to create this project:

Refrigerated cake pieces

Teacher Appreciation Week - Cake Pops  (3 of 14)

Edible decorative embellishments

Teacher Appreciation Week - Cake Pops  (4 of 14)

Dip the cake into the chocolate (sorry, I wasn’t coordinated enough to take a picture of the actual process). :)  I only did a partial dip, but a typical cake pop is completely covered in chocolate.

These are technically called “cake balls”, but I have an issue with calling it that. ;)

Teacher Appreciation Week - Cake Pops  (5 of 14)

Sprinkle the decorative topping onto the cake pop.

Teacher Appreciation Week - Cake Pops  (6 of 14)

You can put them in mini cupcake liners for added presentation.

Teacher Appreciation Week - Cake Pops  (8 of 14)

Speaking of presentation – packing is an important factor in cuteness. For this project, I chose mini Chinese takeout boxes.

Teacher Appreciation Week - Cake Pops  (7 of 14)

Teacher Appreciation Week - Cake Pops  (9 of 14)

For the label, I printed the phrase “A Sweet Treat for Someone Sweet” on regular white printer paper then punched it out with a 1” circle punch. The decorative background paper was punched using a 3” circle punch.

Teacher Appreciation Week - Cake Pops  (10 of 14)

I found these cute stickers in the dollar section at Michael’s and added them to the tags.

Teacher Appreciation Week - Cake Pops  (12 of 14)

With the handy dandy Paper Tagger, the labels were attached to the boxes.

Teacher Appreciation Week - Cake Pops  (11 of 14)

The finished product…

Teacher Appreciation Week - Cake Pops  (13 of 14)

Teacher Appreciation Week - Cake Pops  (14 of 14)

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment