Monday, March 19, 2012

Easy Peasy–Growing Your own Green Onions

I don’t remember if I saw this on Pinterest or elsewhere, but by golly is it genius!!!

One of my goals this year is to cut back on grocery spending (so we can spend it elsewhere, like a new pair of shoes for mommy…er, well, like for family adventures and such heehee). I saw this tip and decided to try it.

Instead of throwing away the stems of the green onion, put them in a container and cover the white bulb part with water.

I forgot to take a “before” picture, but this is what they looked like after only a day of sitting in water. You can already see the growth.

IMAG1082

This is the growth on the third day (the stalks in the back). I had added a new batch of green onions the prior day so those are the ones with new growth in front.

IMAG1085

This is the growth after only 5 days. Crazy cool, huh? Smile

IMAG1113

Now, instead of going to the grocery store for green onions, I have them growing in my kitchen. Smile

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment