Friday, March 16, 2012

There’s a new bakery in town!

This weekend, I was on a manhunt for cupcakes!

To my dismay, there were not any cupcake shops in Chula Vista (at least that I could find on Google or Yelp!).

THEN on Monday, I found out that a bakery had JUST opened on Saturday. Sweet Sisters Bakery is located in downtown Chula Vista on 3rd Ave.

It is a cute little shop with a large assortment of baked goodness.

Luckily for me, they happened to have cupcakes. Unlucky for me, they only had vanilla and chocolate left. They had completely sold out of the red velvet cupcakes. I’m not a huge fan of either vanilla or chocolate cupcakes, but I did purchase some for my husband and son.

Instead, I decided on a carrot cake muffin for myself. It was as delicious as it was pretty!

IMAG1116

The muffin was very, very moist and had shreds of carrot in it. The frosting was soft and was not overpowering with sweetness like many carrot cakes that I have had before.

I HIGHLY SUGGEST this muffin if you stop by Sweet Sisters Bakery.

My husband and son enjoyed the cupcakes so much that they sent me back yesterday for more!

Apparently, you have to get their early to get your pick of the batch because these delicious goodies are gone quick

When I arrived yesterday, they had ONE cupcake left – a vanilla cupcake (just what my husband had requested).

The gentleman at the counter just happened to ask the ladies in back if they were making more red velvet cupcakes and to my surprise they said that they would be done in 5 minutes! WOOT WOOT!

I impatiently waited the 5 minutes and was soon off to go home and enjoy my red velvet cupcake (don’t worry, I ordered 4 so I could share them with the family).

This picture doesn’t do the cupcake justice because frankly, I just wanted to take a bite and didn’t much care for the formalities of taking a nice picture.

Winking smile

IMAG1115

The cupcake, like the carrot cake muffin, did not disappoint and was super moist.

IMAG1117

I will definitely be back to Sweet Sisters Bakery and look forward to trying their other bake goods as well as sandwiches, crepes and coffees. I think I found my new hot spot in Chula Vista to hang out. Oh and did I mention yet that they have free wi-fi?

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment