Thursday, July 12, 2012

New Etsy Store–Just Sew Cool

While on vacation in Northern California, my sister-in-law and I hit the Antique Junction Mall in Cordelia. In the how-many years that I lived up there, I had never visited this mall. I’m bummed that I never did! There was a HUGE assortment of items from my childhood…which leads me to a question – when the heck did my childhood become antique?????

I was on a mission to find an old rotary phone, vintage patterns and old cameras.

I found an old rotary phone, but did not find vintage patterns that I liked or old cameras that were old enough for my liking (really, a polaroid from the 80s isn’t quite old enough for my collection just yet. ;)).

So I decided to turn to Craigslist in the slim chance that I could find vintage patterns.

It turns out that I found the most excellent find on Craigslist – a HUGE assortment of vintage sewing patterns.

The patterns are primarily from the 1970s and 1980s.

Vintage Sewing Patterns - Etsy Just Sew Cool - 1980s and 1970s (2 of 3)

As I was going through the patterns, I loved seeing how many of them are back in style. Tunics, slouch tops, ruffle top dresses – they are all making a comeback!

I kept quite a few of them for myself and my sister-in-law and am currently working on this pattern. Can’t wait to share the finished project with you. I just started it today and am anxious to finish it. Smile

Vintage Sewing Patterns - Etsy Just Sew Cool - 1980s and 1970s (3 of 3)

Majority of the patterns are sizes 14-18, but based on the measurements, they are smaller than today’s sizes.

With the ample amount of vintage patterns, I have opened up an Etsy Store titled

 Just Sew Cool

image

There are currently only 3 patterns listed, but I hope to get the rest of them posted soon! If there is something specific you may be looking for, let me know and I will happy to see if I have it available and can list a custom listing for you.

Happy sewing!!!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment