Thursday, May 24, 2012

May Birchbox–Product Reviews

Seriously, I get giddy like a kid on Christmas Eve when these boxes come in. I think not knowing what is inside is what makes it most exciting.

May’s Birchbox sported my favorite color so that meant it was going to have something extra special inside…right?

May_Birchbox_1

This month’s box was created with a Gossip Girl theme.

May_Birchbox_2

May_Birchbox_3

I like Stila products so I was excited to see a Stila box inside.

May_Birchbox_4

Inside the box were allll these goodies. My favorite stuck out like a sore thumb – GOLD NAIL POLISH!

May_Birchbox_5

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this bold notecard! This deep purple with fuchsia envelope card is black inside so I can use it for any occasion!

May_Birchbox_6

When it comes to shampoo and conditioner, I don’t mind spending money for great quality products that deliver.

After trying the Kerastase samples included in this month’s box I have to say I am not impressed. The shampoo is supposed to “add incredible body and movement”, but instead, I felt like my hair was just “eh”. The shampoo left my hair feeling a little dry and the conditioner didn’t give me the softness that I had hoped for. I have not yet tried the Lumiere Liquide. (I feel the need to say this in the voice of the candelabra on Beauty and the Beast. French accent and with a “oui oui” at the end.)

May_Birchbox_7

These products are from top right to bottom:

  • Dr Jart+ Water Fuse Beauty Balm – I wasn’t exactly sure what it was so I had not tried it. I looked it up today on Birchbox and I am pretty sure it goes on the face. I will be trying this soon. :)
  • Color Club Foil Collection in Disco Nap – I love nail polish – especially unusually colored ones so I was excited to try this out. I put it on right away and it is a perfectly spring/summer color! I especially love that this is a one-coat nail color and dries suuuuuper fast.
  • Stila Sparkle Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner in Curacoa – I like trying new eyeliners, but this one, I think I am passing on trying. It is a bright, sparkly blue and I just don’t know if I can pass it off! :) Maybe one day when I have somewhere that calls for shiny blue eyeliner, I will try it out.

May_Birchbox_8

Do you subscribe to Birchbox? If so, what did you get this month?

 

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment