Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Cheesecake and Chocolate Strawberries

I have been craving the cheesecake truffle strawberries from Truffle Berries in Fairfield. If you are local to Fairfield and have never been there, then GO!!!! You will not regret it. She has a huge array of sweet treats.

My weakness at Truffle Berries was her strawberries dipped in cheesecake then in chocolate. It was heaven in the form of bad-for-you-fruit!

For some reason, those babies have been on my mind so I decided to whip some up (especially since the 99 cent strawberries at Ralph’s were too good of a deal to pass up).

I was a tad bit too lazy to make cheesecake so instead, I went instant…like J-E-L-L-O instant. Fortunately, they had a Cheesecake flavor instead pudding.

Once the pudding set, I dipped the strawberries into the cheesecake pudding then refrigerated them for about an hour.

IMAG1204

The instant pudding didn’t quite harden the way I had hoped it would so my attempts at being lazy didn’t work in my favor this time. For my next attempt, I will be sure to make some cheesecake from scratch so I can get it the right consistency of thickness.

While the strawberries sat in the fridge, I used my handy dandy Wilton Melting Pot to melt milk chocolate wafers. If you like to use melted chocolates frequently, then I highly suggest buying this little pot. It melts the chocolate down smoothly and keeps it at a low heat to prevent the chocolate from re-solidifying.

When dipping the strawberries, do not make the mistake (like I did) of swirling them in the chocolate. If you do, you will get this cheesecake/chocolate mess.

IMAG1206

Instead of swirling, dip each side of the strawberry into the chocolate. They will look MUCH prettier.

IMAG1207

You can tell which ones were swirled and which were dipped. Smile 

IMAG1208

My taste testers approved of them so I look forward to trying it again with thicker cheesecake.

Let me know if you try this recipe out! Smile

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment