Saturday, June 2, 2012

The Queen Bee Market–My First Shopping Experience

I recently discovered a craft show in San Diego that featured super cute and cool handmade items. I’m not talking your senior center type of craft items. Don’t get me wrong, I love attending all kinds of craft fairs, but the products all end up looking the same after awhile and the uniqueness just isn’t there.

The Queen Bee Market is different. It is like walking into an Etsy store if Etsy had a store. It is girly, frilly, flowery and OHMYGOSH so overwhelmingly full of cool stuff!

I circled all the tables soaking in the fun displays and equally fun products they displayed.

The second time around, I started filling my bag with goodies.

Sweet Funky Vintage made me wish I had a girl so I could dress her in their bright, adorable outfits.

While going through  basket of DIY Apron kits, I spotted some bags of scrap fabric. At only $4/bag, I couldn’t pass it up. I have no idea what I will make with them, but I was thinking that a patchwork little girl’s skirt might be fun to make.

Queen Bee Market - Carlsbad - My Life...A Happy Life (1 of 5)

I also scored these cool finds.

Queen Bee Market - Carlsbad - My Life...A Happy Life (2 of 5)

The turquoise item on top is a hair wrap from Little Penelope Lane. I don’t generally wear hair wraps, but I just couldn’t pass these up. She also had some with flowers. I am taking baby steps, though, and started with a simple wrap. ;)

From left to right:

  • “Capture Joy” necklace from Little Pink Plum
  • Green tags from Inspire Lovely – these will be used as party favor tags for an upcoming safari party
  • Camera Pin from Crème De La Gems. This shop had SOOO many adorable items that I had to pull myself away from the table!
  • “I Shoot People for a Living” and “photograpHER” pins from Little Pink Plum

Some close-ups of my goodies…

Queen Bee Market - Carlsbad - My Life...A Happy Life (3 of 5)Queen Bee Market - Carlsbad - My Life...A Happy Life (5 of 5)

Part of the fun for me was also collecting business cards from each of the vendors. They were so unique and pretty.

Queen Bee Market - Carlsbad - My Life...A Happy Life (4 of 5)

I look forward to the next Queen Bee Market craft fair! I should start saving my money up now! Winking smile

Iheartcomments

Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Those are lovely items! I agree with you that it’s hard to pass on an item that you desperately want to get, even though you don’t really need it. Anyway, I love the “Capture Joy” necklace. It’s so cute!

    *
    Larissa Dobbin

    ReplyDelete